The rule of engagement for bloggers is: add value or go home.
Often people that should have gone home blog anyway. That’s because blogging is cheap, easy and global. Read Hugh Macleod‘s thoughts here. And, of course, because the meaning of ‘adding value’ differs considerably!
Lacking inspiration, I thought I’d show you some respect and go home (nothing to do with the fact that it’s Friday afternoon and sunny in London) but at the last minute decided a little aggregation rather than originality would suffice as adding value today. And since Snagsta is all about gathering cool things here’s a list of inspiring and amusing speeches I’ve collected.
- JK Rowling – Harvard Commencement Speech 2008
- Kurt Vonnegut – ‘alleged’ Commencement Address at MIT
Tips for life – uplifting stuff. (Actually written by Mary Schmich of the Chicago Tribune)
- Steve Jobs – Stanford Commencement Speech 2005
- Will Ferrell – Harvard Commencement Speech 2003
At his usual best.
- Conan O’Brien – Harvard Commencement Speech 2000
Funny but with a message about the value of failure.
- Larry Ellison (CEO of Oracle) – ‘alleged’ Yale Address
It wasn’t Larry but it was funny.
- John Cleese – Eulogy for Chapman
Classic Cleese. (this is the version that includes ‘Always look on the bright side of life’)
Like this post? Subscribe to our RSS feed and get loads more!